Whatever the financial situation in your business, we are available to help. Between us we have encountered most situations and have provided FD support in almost every sector. As the Financial Times said: “… with experts at your fingertips and the freedom to use their services when needed, outsourcing can provide a vital boost to your business.”
Since co-founding FD Solutions with Malcolm Durham in the early 1990s, Richard has been integral to the firm becoming the leading provider of flexible Director services.
Some of Richard’s many highlights include helping:
- an entrepreneur turnaround his manufacturing business from a loss-making operation to £35m turnover in four years
- establish a VC-backed invoice discounting operation with turnover of £100m and a back office of only 30, designing and implementing the systems on Systems Union Sun
- an NHS organisation to treble in size by negotiating an outsourcing contract with the Department of Health
His specialist sectors include technology start-ups, food, retail, manufacturing and not-for-profit organisations.
Richard, who qualified with Ernst & Young in 1984 and is also:
- Board member of the Bio Industry Association Finance and Taxation Committee
- Presenter on entrepreneurship workshops for scientists and engineers around the globe,
- Vice-chairman of PraxisUnico, the educational not-for-profit organisation supporting innovation and commercialisation of public sector and charity research for social and economic impact
- Member of the advisory board of the London Chamber Orchestra